Hey everyone! My name is Heather, I’m a summer student at the Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre! I’m a third year archaeology student at the University of Manitoba, this is my first year at the museum and I’m really looking forward to a fun summer! The honor of keeping the museum blog up to date has been passed on to me. Wow it’s been a long time since the blog has been updated, but for good reason! We have been very busy in May and June with school field trips. I think we all felt a little overwhelmed at the beginning of the summer, but we managed to get through it!

The school tours have since stopped and we’re now focusing our energy on finding and uncovering fossils in the field as well as our paleo tours. Have you heard of our paleo tours yet? This is a REALLY COOL chance for you to come out with us and see what it’s like to be a paleontologist for the day! If you’re interested check out our website at http://www.discoverfossils.com/Programs&Tours/AdventureTours.html

Keep checking back, I’ll keep you posted on all the new and exciting things happening at the museum, and new fossil discoveries throughout the summer!


-Heather

Comments