Road to Success




Recently the CFDC purchased 109 acres along the Manitoba Escarpment southwest from the Town of Miami. The potential for fossil preservation is fantastic, with majority of the fossils in the CFDC collection being collected from that area. The only problem was road access. There wasn't any leading into the property.

Thanks to the Rural Municipality of Thompson we now have the beginnings of a road. This road will allow groups to travel to the dig site and view fossils being excavated.

I can not tell you how excited I was. On Thursday, I took our Executive Director for a ride to drive on it, and all I kept saying was "this is awesome". The scenery just takes your breath away.

So in the spirit of things, all I can say to the R.M. of Thompson is "this is awesome"!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is really cool. I can't wait to check that out.
Anonymous said…
Anita, I am so happy to see the direction that the CFDC is heading into. Keep up the good work!... Hi Dave! LW
Curator said…
Thanks guys. It's pretty exciting. Dave and I have actually driven part way up. I'll keep you posted when its complete