Albuquerque

Well its been quite some time since I've posted a blog. I must apologize but the field season is upon us and here at the CFDC we've been extremely busy visiting our new sites, welcoming our summer "Fossil Crew" and preparing for our School Dig Program.

I've just returned from a trip to Albuquerque where I attended a conference on Cretaceous Vertebrates from the Western Interior. It was awesome to say the least!!! I had the opportunity of meeting colleagues from the Western United States and participate in a lecture series on current research for the Western Interior.

Did I also mention I was lucky enough to head out to the San Juan Basin for a field trip viewing Cretaceous rock units? I've attached some images for you to see how beautiful New Mexico is. I must admit we are a little spoiled at the CFDC... we can drive directly to almost all of our dig sites and we don't have to carry any tools or supplies. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Comments